Lotto 6/49 - A Lanaudière resident wins $36,000,000 with a ticket he purchased online
Lanaudière resident Jean-Marc Poirier won the first-ever Gold Ball Jackpot, worth $36,000,000, in the October 29, 2022, Lotto 6/49 draw with a ticket he purchased on lotoquebec.com! Poirier says he wants to wait a little before making any plans on how he'll spend his prize, which he came to claim at the Loto-Québec offices on February 9. The newly minted multimillionaire has already splurged on a car and says he plans to travel. The first destination on his radar? Costa Rica.
- Jean-Marc Poirier had subscribed to his favourite lottery games on lotoquebec.com so he wouldn't ever miss a draw. As such, he automatically had plays for the new Lotto 6/49, which launched in September. Following the October 29 draw, Loto-Québec contacted him to tell him that he was the first-ever Gold Ball Jackpot winner and invited him to double-check the information in his account on lotoquebec.com.
- Due to the magnitude of the news, the Lanaudière resident decided to wait a bit before telling his loved ones and claiming his prize.
- In the meantime, Poirier jokingly hinted at his win when talking with his children, teasing that an unexpected windfall could arrive one day...
- Once he finally told his children that he'd won the lottery, they required some proof from him to believe it. So, Poirier showed them the results of his lottery plays on lotoquebec.com. Suddenly, their father's hinting made sense!
- Jean-Marc Poirier claimed his $36 million from Loto-Québec on February 9. The jackpot winner found it funny that he'd not only won the Gold Ball Jackpot, but also won two free plays with his winning Lotto 6/49 ticket!
- A handy person by nature, Poirier shared that he plans to continue practising his favourite hobbies, like working on cars. But he says he doesn't plan to skip visits to the mechanic now that he's a multimillionaire!
Lotto 6/49: The Gold Ball Jackpot hits $30 million!
The next Lotto 6/49 draw, slated for Wednesday, February 15, will offer a $30 million Gold Ball Jackpot in addition to the $5 million Classic Jackpot.